I live in western NY so I'll mainly be hiking/camping on the finger lakes trails, I also would like to go back to the Adirondacks again.

And thank you BZH those are some good things to bring up and clarification on the PU coating, from what I understand the PU coating is only really useful for the flooring because that's really the only place there would be pressure and water potentially under the tent pooled.

That makes the ascend seem gimmicky now, but the eureka still seems a viable option if you compare it to another like the kelty TR2, both has good reviews from multiple websites and videos and they almost identical for.

if you compare the kelty trail ridge 2 for $200 and the eureka sunriver2
here is the keltys and the the sunriver's are above in my first post.
Wall material:
68D Polyester

Floor material:
68D Polyester, 1800 mm

Fly material:
75D Polyester, 1800 mm

the main differences I see are:
-the eureka has 190t polyester taffeta with 1800mm coating
the Kelty website doesn't even list the T value but I assume its the same or lower if its not listed. 190t seems to be a standard from what I've seen and the eurkea's floor fabric is thicker 75d vs 68d.
-eureka has 1 door& vestibule compared to 2 on the kelty TR2 (this is not a big deal for me or my friends)
-40d no-see-um mesh vs the 68D poly with no-see-um mesh.
so the few inches at near the bottom are a little more durable?
-eureka is 1 lb 5 oz. lighter , 1 inch bigger W&L when setup, its smaller when packed, eureka is 5" x 18" and the TR2 is 7"x 23"
- and the obvious, eureka is $70 cheaper.

There are definite trade offs but I'm still leaning to the eureka and not only because of the price. Kelty does seem more quality oriented, how its put together may be done better but one difference is that I can buy the eureka locally and actually get my hands on it before I buy it and make sure there are no rips, holes, mis-stitching and so on. I can be "that guy" who checks all the seams in the store haha, but with the Kelty it would have to be shipped and potentially reshipped if there was something wrong, I normally don't mind buying things offline but its nice being able to see it in front of you before you drop the $. That's a main reason why I refuse to buy used items anymore I have gotten good used items but most times I've gotten screwed, sure it may be cheaper but 9/10 times there is reasons for it aside from it just being used, there is normally something wrong with it. So sure, maybe I could find one of those tarptent tents that's 300 new, maybe half the price but god only knows where that tent has been and whats been done in/to it...

Thank you guys again for the responses thanks , I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a pain in the butt grin , I'm just trying to figure out whats the best I can get for my $ and know why one tent is better then the other.