Thanks for the links, I looked at tarptent and lightheartgear before I posted, they are both out of my price range, I have a max of 175$ to spend, so I can't even afford the cheapest one person tent from tarptent.
from sixmoon there is the lunar duo for the same price, same size but the materials are not the same. the Eureka and the Ascend both have PU coating which from what I understand is supposed to help with water resistance?
So wouldn't one of the first 2 be a better choice then the lunar duo, aside from weight? If not could you explain why? I'm very green to the tent market and how the different fabrics compare to each other so I may be missing something?

for the Lunar Duo Outfitter
Canopy: 190T Polyester
Floor: 190T Polyester
Netting: 40D Ultralight No-See-Um

This will be my first tent, so I don't need the best of the best $400 tent that professional mountain climbers use and I'm not going in any crazy storms, I just want something that will keep us dry, will last me at least this year, which it should, I'm pretty careful and take care of my gear, and of course within my price range?

so If you had $175 and only that much, what would be the best all round choice for a 2person 3 season?