My wife and I have some older bags that we've been using for 25 years. One set that is good down to 30 degrees or so, the other set , for winter use. I've discovered as I've gotten older that I sleep a little colder and have to zip up the bag on occasion. Only problem is I can't! I've discovered that most bags (I've tried numbers in stores) don't have a wide enough girth to allow me to zip up the bag over my shoulders. Broad shoulders seem to be not factored into design. I've been seriously considering a quilt purchase, as I use my bag as one the vast majority of the time anyway. I just purchased a down coat to wear while sleeping to replace or augment my usual cold weather fleece layers. The coat is very windproof, as I tried it on a hike yesterday with the temps in the low teens and the wind at 10-20 mph. I always have a hat on for sleeping in the cold. I'm hoping this will allow me to keep my bag unzipped, yet still not feel drafts. Last winter, we experimented with some quick pitch fly/footprint set-ups and some tarp configurations, this winter we're going back to the full tent. I certainly am interested in hearing more winter quilt experiences.