Yes. Larrea tridentata is known as creosote bush and greasewood as a plant, chaparral as a medicinal herb. Abundant in the Sonoran Desert and thru-out the South West at elevations below 5k feet.
The tops of the plant (leaves, flowers and small stems) are most desirable for making the "tea". I simply grab a handful off the top of branches and anything that is easy to rip off is what I use. It is best if it is flowering but not necessary. I get enough to 1/3 fill whatever pot I'm using and cover with enough water to fully submerge it. Then boil for a few min. It will discolor your pot a bit. Beware. You can cut the side out of a plastic water bottle and put the "tea" in it then soak your foot in that for something like a bad case of athletes foot. Soak for as long as possible while the mix is hot. Not hot enough to burn, of course but hot like tea. 1 or 2 treatments is normally enough.
For a smoke "bath" that will kill body bourne bacteria and act as a natural bug spray you can take a small branch, leaves and all and burn it, wafting the smoke over your body, under armpits, etc.
Burning a little in a campfire will help keep skeeters away.
Sometimes, if skeeters are bad, I'll get some branches smoldering and smoking and place them strategically and SAFELY around my camp. Better than any citronella candles.

Here's a link to a PDF with a fairly comprehensive list of uses.
http://www.herbalsafety.utep.edu/herbs-pdfs/chaparral.pdf

Comfrey and this are 2 herbs that every thru kit should have at least a small amount of. Creosote takes a fair amount to make a good "tea". But in crushed up, almost powder form, (for lightweight) it does work pretty well, even after being dried (better for crushing). The oils can be pretty overbearing to work with but it is all good stuff for ya.

Go play outside.
Raisedbyraccoons.blogspot.com