Short description: high boots make my achilles sore, minimalist shoes give me tibialis posterior pain. Feeling stuck!

In the last few years I developed very minor Tibialis Posterior Pain. It started after I switched some footwear to minimalist shoes, and first came on when running. I was always careful to not push it, and as a result the pain/sensitivity never got worse than 3/10. I stopped running for a year, and the pain was either not there, or a 1 or 2. I've been to physio and ultrasound worked nicely. This was about a year ago, after it happened again when I started running. When wearing minimal footwear I infrequently get this pain, but I'm only wearing this footwear at work, around town, etc. No long walks, hikes, etc. I've googled this condition and to compare what I'm seeing/reading, I have a very minor condition (but it lingers).

I've now taken up hiking, as an alternative to running. I went for a 10k hike a couple of weeks ago, in new soft winter boots. I took it easy. The boots actually felt awesome. During the hike I was very comfortable. Later in the day - still great. Next day, and about a week after, sore achilles. I had achilles tendonitis about 10 years ago...never surfaced again until after this hike. I'm assuming it's because the higher boot wrapping around the tendon.

Frustrated, I did my next hike (5k) in my minimalist footwear (vivo barefoot). Again, felt amazing during the hike and later that day. Next day, and several after I feel that sensitivity, I think, due to the tibialis posterior.

I'm now confused between wearing hiking boots, trail runners or similar low cut shoes with cushioning, drop and maybe even stability...versus continuing with my minimal footwear (which I've worn for years). Lastly, I'm just a day hiker, out there exploring for no more than a few hours at a time...and my trails are not too technical (though there are rocks that want to turn my ankles...so far no issues there).

I'm fairly certain my PT (going next week) will say to get an orthodic for shoes, and likely not wear boots (unless needed).

Thoughts?