All of these answers would obviously depend on the specific situation. I would be less likely to be confrontational with my son around or with someone who seems a bit off kilter. I would also be less likely to act if I don't fully understand the regulation and why it was implemented. If a regulation was implemented so that the governing body wouldn't get sued if somebody hurt themselves, then I would probably only mention the regs as an fyi.

I didn't ever choose d. I guess d seems too passive-aggressive to me particularly if that is the only action taken. I guess if situation 6 looked like it would truly lead to a wildfire, I would want to document the cause.

I don't see how f would do much good for most of these offences. Most are minor in nature (resulting in a ticket) and by the time I contacted the authorities it would have happened several days in the past and many miles away in a fairly inaccessible place. I sure would like to hear the thoughts from authorities on what they would prefer people do, how they would respond to reports, and general thoughts.

1.Building a new fire ring - c
2.Chopping up or down a tree for fire wood - c
3.Hiking with a dog where it is forbidden - a: I have a soft spot for dogs. I guess maybe I don't understand why they would be forbidden from an area where people are allowed and more so for areas where horses are allowed.
4.Fishing with bait in a fly-fishing only stream - b
5.Feeding wildlife - hmmm don't know.. probably a, maybe f if it was something like a bear.
6.Leaving a fire or coals unattended - probably c then e if that didn't work.
7.Littering - probably c then e if that didn't work.
8.Hiking in a group that is larger than allowed - a: not sure I understand the regulations well enough to definitively identify a group as breaking the regulations (could it be two groups choosing the same spot?)
9.Camping in an illegal area or illegal/closed campsite - a or b; c and/or f if the area is closed for wildlife preservations reasons.
10.Mining with a pick and shovel - f I guess.. not sure I would want to confront someone who lugged in a pick and shovel several days.