Originally Posted By topshot
Odd. I've never had a problem with the tape coming off THIS material. From my polycryo tent, yes. Speaking of which, I'd highly recommend that over the painter's cloth for a groundsheet. It's lighter and stronger. May be hard to come by in TX but you can order the window shrink film kits online.

It's not hard to find here at all. I just can't justify buying another ground sheet right now when I've already bought a ten pack of the drop cloth.

Originally Posted By topshot
You also don't need line tensioners - taut line hitch FTW!

The tautline hitch doesn't work with the line I have (catfish drop line). It's too thin and slippery. I'd use the trucker's hitch (been using it since high school to haul stuff around in my pickup truck), but I haven't got around to it yet. It's probably overkill anyway; moving the stake works just fine.

I think if I were to do this all over again, I'd just use cheap 3 mil PE (or polycryo if I felt like going to the trouble of reinforcing the edges) and tie off with sheet bends instead of messing with guy loops or grommets. I'd just use a found stick for support and hang a homemade bug bivy from the ridgeline and call it good. Simple. Extremely light. Extremely cheap.