rabbitearscarver,

I usually use my tea (or coffee) bag and the last couple of sips of fluid. I strip the bag, scatter the contents (away from camp) and add the bag itself to the carry out garbage bag. There are usually only drops (literally) left so I just go a bit away from camp and sling them along with the leaves or grounds. If need be, I will rinse with a tablespoon or two of fresh water and wipe out with toilet paper. Usually the toilet paper gets carried out since I rarely make a fire.

Believe it or not, this takes less time and effort than it took to write this. I usually combine the disposal trip with my usual morning toilet run. When there is an actual outhouse, I've been known to put the leaves (or grounds), the drops of tea, the rinse water (if any), and the toilet paper (in my case, usually tissue), down the hatch.

The weight of a full week's empty bags can't be much more than an ounce (I take the labels and container bags off of them when I'm packing since I usually put each day's ration in a freezer bag).

My pot is only very rarely really dirty since I simply boil water, pour some out for tea, and then pour the food into the water, cozy the pot in my fleece hat for five or ten minutes and eat from the pan.

Once in a while my Esbit will gunk up the bottom to the pan. for that I carry in the cook kit a small piece of plastic kitchen scrubber. To use, I wet it, scrub, then clean off with a tissue. The wet scrubber goes into an empty bag, and the tissue into the carry out.

Hope this helps. I realise it sounds complicated when I write it out, but it's not.

best, jcp