Just finished reading David Krooshtma's account (published in 2014) of his epic bicycle ride from Palo Alto to BELOW Tierra del Fuego. A great adventure read, that between his ride's entries, makes a great statement on climate change, the 'purpose' of his ride.

(Interestingly, he recounts a Belgian cyclist riding alongside him in Peru or Bolivia and commenting -- paraphrasing -- "You Americans always ride with a 'cause', why can't you just RIDE?" You can't help but like someone who would include that in their book.)

I love reading any book about a trek, be it the PCT, the CDT, a solo sail around the world. I've only read a few I didn't like, I guess, because I can close my eyes and live the adventure with them. Got this as a short-term offer as a free book on Kindle. But well worth the price.

"The Bicycle Diaries," an obvious take on Che's "The Motorcycle Diaries."

(And By-The-Way, Henry Shire's Tarptent provided him with his tents -- in this case a Rainbow -- for his 21K-mile trip. And he loved them, I love them, we're all happy.) The pix in this book are outstanding.

(avatar: raptor, Lake Dillon)