Both of those post had me cracking up laugh

I read about the sticking problem when making my SuperCat stove and had it happened while testing it too. In actual use it's really not a problem though.

The SuperCat stove will boil 2 cups of water in cold weather with the amount of fuel it holds, and it cools off almost instantly when the flame goes out. So I just use care when setting it up and don't mess with it once I've started it.

As a 3rd generation metal man I grew up using torches and welders so flames and sparks were a part of life. You do learn a bit about dealing with the consequences of being unaware or careless and sometimes those lessons get learned the hard way.

But even experience doesn't make you immune. You learn that too. I was working with an old timer once and I'd just hammered out some steel that'd I'd gotten red hot. Just after it turned black he came over to check on my work and before I could utter a sound he picked it up. I saw the smoke rise from his callous and sizzling old hand and had to ask the standard smartassed question, "Was that hot?". Generally that would get you an instant insult but he just looked at me and calmly said, "Naw, I just didn't need to look at it for very long" and walked away.

I've long forgotten all the insults I solicited, or showered others with in response, but I'll never forget that. laugh

"You want to go where?"