Just read it on Yahoo news. Bad business that. Unfortunately, it will get much worse. Just a sign of the times.

I was recently recollecting with and old high school mate about the contrast between now and our own growing up in the 50's & 60's in small town Oregon. For example, after duck hunting, we used to walk right down our town's main street in our camouflaged clothes with shotguns over the shoulder. Many times setting the shotgun next to the front door of a grocery store, like it was a bicycle, while we went inside to get refreshments. Real laid back. In my four years of high school the worst thing that happened was some guys got caught smoking cigarettes out behind the football field bleachers.

Since there were no electronic devices in those days, we spent much of our time outdoors, building things, exploring the woods, lakes, sand dunes (I lived only a few miles from the ocean) and otherwise always occupied. After age of 15, we all had full-time summer jobs during our HS years. I recently tried to share my experiences with my grandson and he didn't seem interested. He spends many many hours a day playing a Mindcraft game. He is addicted, I'm sure. Anyway, the times have changed dramatically and getting worse.

I just read in the news where two 12-year-old girls plotted the murder of their friend - and almost succeeded - so they would gain favor with Slenderman. Of course, Slenderman is just a fictional character of a computer game. Geez, the kids live a fictional world with different morals and behaviour. Fortunately, though, not all kids are like that, but enough so that the world is a much more dangerous place then ever before.