I just don't understand all these shootings.

I had a really hard time in high school. It was plain awful. I was angry - hated school, hated most of the teachers, hated most of the other students, hated my parents - it was rough. Yeah, there was talk of blowing the school up and so forth - but we didn't _really_ mean it. I had access to guns, but I _never_ brought them to school. There were also hunting rifles in cars during the deer hunting season.

I do believe that the picking on stuff that is unfortunately part of school is worse than when I was in high school. I could go home and at least not have it in my face anymore. Now days, there it is on <insert social media here> - back then computers were only the geeks and we self policed.

Another difference is the total terror of the embarrassment of my family for doing anything really bad. I cannot, to this day, think of what my grandfather (who spoiled me rotten and adored me) would have done to me if I had taken a gun to school without shuddering.

So what has changed? Is there a lack of fear of repercussions? I did read an interesting military article, saying that one of the reasons training in the military is hard is that they found in one of the wars that soldiers on sinking boats just gave up - that hardship was something you learned how to deal with. Could it be that childhood has gotten to "easy" and some children simply haven't dealt with hardship and haven't learned that things often get better?

Sorry for the long post, but as someone who had a rough time in high school AND has been shooting since she was 12, I have great difficulty in understanding this issue... and honestly the issue deepy bothers me.