A quick disclaimer before the recipe: This is a work in progress, and I'm open to suggestions for improvement.

I love chocolate, especially dark chocolate. I've made it at home many different ways, but because it usually contains a lot of oil (coconut oil in my case), it has to stay pretty cool or it just becomes a runny nasty mess. This is my attempt at making a shelf stable dark chocolate that's still high in calories, but won't melt. The great thing about this recipe is that it's super simple, contains no refined sugar, and can be made with all organic ingredients if you want. It's sweetened with blended raisins, but you could substitute dates if you want to. Dates are sweeter, but raisins are cheaper. The final chocolate will be a bit crumbly. Just eat the large chunks first, and then pour the bits at the bottom of the bag into your mouth or hand.

INGREDIENTS:
1 1/2 cups of almonds
1 cup of raisins
1 cup of unsweetened cocoa powdered

Process or blend the almonds as fine and smooth as you can. If you have a blender capable of making nut butter, that's even better. Blend the raisins in as well. Put the mix into a mixing bowl and knead the cocoa powder in thoroughly by hand. Separate the chocolate mix into individual serving sizes and place into snack bags. Enjoy!