Science! It's true, Ti pots are so thin there's no difference in efficiency vs. Al pots, provided they're the same size and shape, the lids fit equally tight and the same or no windscreen is used and they're tested on the same stove using the same fuel. If it sounds like I'm claiming there are other, far more important variables to stove efficiency, then guilty as charged. That topic alone can consume many, many threads.

I'll say this much: if you place an empty Ti pot on a running stove (catch it, quick!) it will almost instantly glow orange in the flame pattern. I've never seen an Al pot do this, which is testament to its orders of magnitude better heat transfer. Stainless falls somewhere in between, and it and Ti have a tendency to easily scorch.

I only carry Ti cookware and have learned to live with its quirks to benefit from the very light weight and high strength. Al pots can weigh roughly the same or even be slightly lighter, but they deform and dent easily, plus I find the uncoated ones can be difficult to clean. Ti also never reacts to food.

I always saute/brown using plenty of oil to avoid scorching. I stir when simmering, using a wood spatula for the same reason. Al pots don't seem to require as much fuss, so for anybody looking for the easier path to cooking (not just boiling and reconstituting) then coated Al pans are worth consideration. Otherwise, Ti is definitely worth the investment.

My $0.02.