I did not find results when I searched, so here goes: I'm trying to decide on a form of Personal Locator Beacon. The choice is down to:

• DeLORME inReachSE
  • Spot Gen3
  • ResQLink PLB

I'm leaning toward the DeLORME inReachSE for use individually and for Boy Scout groups. I find the basic SOS function, tracking and texting almost essential for group use. DeLORME also has a plan that runs month-to-month instead of a whole year commitment. That could save some $$ if not used and allows you to move up/down the different subscription plans as needed w/o fees.

Does anyone have feedback from any of those or other devices? How about use in Scout troops or other hiking groups?

My motivation is to supplement cell phone use and coverage to provide an emergency link to Search & Rescue groups and other support groups and persons. I'm able to be here today (since March 22, 2014 and counting!) only because we had cell phone coverage, but I'm often in wilderness areas without signal. I figure that even a single life saved will be worth a lifetime of use of a PLB.

Thanks in advance,

Doug