As many know, I have written a guidebook to the Wind River Mountains in Wyoming. I am always in the process of verifying and updating. If and when I do a second edition, I am curious as to what people prefer. How much "new" information is required before you would buy a second edition of any guidebook?

The guidebook now is in the format of selected trips organized by geographical areas. This is a common guide format. I was wondering if anyone would prefer a guide organized by trip length/difficulty. (ie; weekend trips, week-long trips, thru-hikes. Or, organized by trailhead access? Or forget trips altogether, and just describe travel sections? This method is OK for trail guides, but I am having difficulty seeing this for an off-trail guide, because there are an infinite number of "off trail" travel sections, whereas there are a finite number of trails.

What is the favorite guidebook you own, and why is it your favorite?

Another format is to go electronic and sell routes individually as down-loads. Personally this does not appeal to me, but I am a bit old-school.

I am open to any suggestions of preferences. The world of books is really changing with all the new technology. My book is currently a mix of paper book and a CD with maps and photos-sort of a mix of old and new methods.