Sorry I'm a bit late to this discussion. Apparently I wasn't logged in. I've owned a pair of Steger Mukluks, the "Arctic" I believe they're called, for almost 15 years now and I have truly enjoyed wearing them. My feet have remained warm in temps down to -10 F without any problems whatsoever; although I will admit that I don't get cold easily so you might have a different experience. The one thing to be aware of is that they're definitely NOT waterproof. They are designed for dry snow so if you'll be in lots of variable conditions you might want to reconsider. I still wear my Sorels from time to time when the snow is wet & mushy but they're so heavy in comparison to the Stegers that I can't wait to get back into my mukluks.

One other consideration you might look into is an overshoe; kind of like the old galoshes some of us grew up with. There is a company called NEOS that currently makes this type of overshoe and you can get them in different temperature ranges and they (supposedly, I have no personal experience with them) fit right over your hiking boots. A link to them from Campmor is: http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___44908
They might be worth checking into.

That's all for now. Take care and until next time...Be well.

snapper