Hi Jon,

I have a lot of jackets, most of them cheap. The point is I use different jackets for different conditions. If I were a runner (I am not) this wouldn't be any different.

I have a couple big down jackets I wear when it's cold, a couple wool sweaters, some fleece jackets, and some rainproof outer shells that I mix and match based on conditions.

When it comes to the brands you mention I don't have a clue. I just don't think much about brand names. When I realize a need for a particular type of clothing I go find something that meets the need and buy it, but I almost never look at the brand name.

If it's something I really like I will remember who made it, and purchase their stuff again if I like it, and recommend it to others if they ask about it. I recommended a jacket the other day here, and then went and looked for it only to find out it's no longer made. So many clothes items are fashion based and only made for a year or two that I just don't even pay any attention at all to what they're making until I'm looking for something. As often as not what they're making is more geared toward fashion than function and I end up not buying anything.

"You want to go where?"