I want ideas for gear

As already pointed out, if you give us some idea of your camping and hiking experience, and where you hope to backpack, at what season of the year, we can start to home in on what advice would be most helpful for your circumstances. We aren't trying to be difficult by insisting on this information; we're trying to be as helpful as we know how to be.

Meanwhile, the best advice I can give you is to read an old copy of The Complete Walker by Colin Fletcher. It will give you an excellent overview of HOW to think about gear, while at the same time all the actual brands and gear he describes will be so outdated that you won't be in danger of running out to buy it because you read about it in the book.

If this advice doesn't appeal to you, my next advice would be to read articles on the internet designed to assist beginning backpackers, starting with the articles linked on the home page of this site. At this stage in your evolution into a backpacker buying gear or comparing different brands should be the least of your concerns.