You can buy "Tajin" Mexican spice (at Walmart) in very small bottles. I keep these bottles and then fill them with other spices. I also buy the McCormik pre-packaged spice sets for various meals(they are expensive). In the old days, we used old film canisters. I wonder what nasty toxins we got from that! I do not like zip-lock snack bags - they tend to not work after a few pours out of them. REI has some very small plastic bottles, but they are heavy. For spices that I use a lot, I buy the small (about 1 inch high) bottles and re-use these for other spices too. I like the "Brandy Pork" McCormik seasoning. I just keep it in the original package (slice open the top) and then roll it up and put a rubber band around it. Then I put that in a zip lock snack bag (along with my two small bottles of Tajin). If I know that I always want a specific spice in a meal, I just add it to the bag with the meal. For parmesan cheese, I use the small squarish Rubbermaid plastic containers. For olive oil, I have 4 oz and 8 oz bottles that I bought at REI.