Just a quick follow-up: I did pull the trigger on a Snow Peak Trek 900 pot and spoon. The size is a bit large for my usual needs, so I looked at the Trek 700, but the flat lid didn't really offer me the opportunity to have oatmeal AND tea in the morning. The Trek 900 allows me to boil one pot of water, use some to make oatmeal in the lid/frying pan/bowl and make tea with the rest, then drink it from the pot. The smooth surfaces and simplicity of the pot, coupled with the simplicity (which I'd forgotten) of the Snow Peak Giga stove, certainly appeal to me - and make the Jetboil I'm using appear a bit fussy. (That's not a reason to avoid Jetboil, just a comment about personal esthetic prefernces.)

I also looked at the Snow Peak Hybrid Summit kit, which has a silcone lid (that doubles as a potholder) and a silicone bowl (that doubles as a pot cozy, kind of.) It's very similar in design and function to the Jetboil Sol, but avoids the issue with the cloth pot cozy on the Jetboil that tends to get cruddy from liquids when drinking or (God forbid) boilovers or spilled food. However, on the down side, there are no measuring marks on either the cup or the pot - a significant inconvenience and, for me, a dealbreaker.

I also looked at the mini-solo, which is identical to the Summit except the cup and lid are both titanium, and the cup has measuring marks. If I ultimately decide the 900 is overkill, I may pony up the extra $20 and exchange it for this kit.

The titanium spoon doesn't collapse for storage like the Jetboil spoon, but it's a clean, simple design that doesn't have litte crevices and crannies where food can collect, and it's much easier to keep clean.

The Snow Peak stove arguably isn't as fuel-efficient as the Jetboil, but for me that becomes somewhat an academic argument. I don't take long trips any more (mostly 2 or maybe 3 nights, nowadays), so fuel efficiency is effectively a non-issue on such short trips.

Like I said, thanks a lot, OM! smile