Originally Posted By skcreidc
Actually looks pretty darn good ... ditto what Lori said. And I'm a little confused as to how you will put the down in evenly without putting at least 5 cuts in it...or is that what you have in mind? You are starting to look like another potential entry into the cottage world of gear making.

All I see are the mistakes. I even made a really big one that I was able to fix. I need to make at least another 3-4 before I can realistically start selling them. I need to get my construction process more streamlined and exact. But I am still debating on if I want to do it. Kookabay demonstrated that there is a need for another cottage/custom manufacturer for sleeping pads.

As for the down insertion. I plan to cut the top and bottom seam (making it a big tube with baffles). Then insert mesh tubes of down. I made the mat a little long to accommodate this. Of course, sitting here thinking, I wonder if I even need tubes. Can I just put in the down loose. Of course I would have to protect the valve from clogging. But, because the baffles are open, down would be able to move between them easily. Maybe all it needs is to blow up the pad, then shake the down around to evenly distribute it. As you can see, I am still thinking about it.