Originally Posted By OregonMouse
The poorer quality bag (duck down) will have a much shorter life. Also, the Kelty bag has an EN13537 temperature rating, which means it has been laboratory tested so that the temperature rating is pretty accurate. I'm sure the Walmart bag does not have this feature, which means its temperature rating has been overrated by at least 10*F (normal for cheap sleeping bags, not just at Walmart).

I'd normally agree with this blanket temp statement especially after finally seeing one in the compression sack in the store (def smaller than my REI Sub Kilo 20F), but I've been following an active thread on Hammock Forums where some have been quite surprised by this bag. One even said it wasn't far off a 30F WM bag. Not having the privilege of seeing how small one of those is, I can't argue.

I also don't think you can make a blanket statement that duck down is that much inferior to goose down. Yes, in general the fill power isn't as high (though that's also a bad thing when you're in moist environments). I'd personally never by anything over 850. These are Chinese ducks apparently (tag said assembled in Indonesia with components from China) - have no idea if that is good or bad. Anyway, it seems to be a surprisingly good value. Has a full-zip so you can use it as a quilt (what the hammock guys are doing, of course). I hope they come out with a 20F version to replace the bag Campmor dropped a couple years ago.