Hi all, I am new to these forums. I am not new to camping, but have limited experience hiking. Most of my camping has just been recreational with friends using our cars. I am looking to start some hiking/camping adventures alone on weekends. Short 1-2 night trips to start. Ideally I’d like to start in April and go through September or October depending on the weather here in New England. I would love to do some winter trips, but I’d like to get some more experience under my belt before I tackle that feat!

I’m starting my brand research and was hoping to get some suggestions for a solo hiker. Like I said, these trips will be short 1-2 nights, on weekends, so I won’t need anything to last me for a substantial number of days. I have old gear that has just been used for car camping, so I’d like to start fresh and do this right with new gear.

Physically I’m tall, 5’9” for a girl, and overweight. I have wide feet so hiking boot brands that run wide or come in wides would be preferred. I’m also 25 years old, so I’m still young.

I’m not too sure about a budget, since I will have to invest in a new tent/boots/backpack/supplies, I know I’ll be spending hundreds of dollars. I’m not strapped for cash, but I also don’t want to break the bank.

So, for now if anyone has some suggestions for me, and can list the brand name and what they are best for (tents, boots, sleeping bags, etc.) it would really help my research. If there is any additional information needed please let me know!