Hi, I've been backpacking on and off for several years and am just now really getting into it. I've been working on lightening my pack load and am putting together a light-weight cook set. I'm going to be doing a lot of extended trips in the High Sierra this summer and plan to catch and keep trout to supplement my freeze dried meals--ideally I will just skewer the fish and cook them over a fire, but in several places fires are either not allowed or there is just not enough wood to burn, and this means I will need to use my canister stove. This leads me to wonder--what can I cook the fish in?

I don't want anything aluminum because of flavor, health, durability, and weight reasons. Unfortunately this means no aluminum foil. What I have been looking at are primarily the Snow Peak Ti 1400 because of its lid, and the Snow Peak titanium plate. I've never used either, though, and am concerned the plate would be too shallow to flip the fish and the 1400 lid would be too small in diameter to be practical. Has anyone ever fried anything in either of these? Is there anything else I should look at? Thanks in advance for the help. Ideally I'll be able to keep the weight down and the cost to a minimum, but I'm willing to pay for titanium.