It's one step forward and two steps back with this project. The only time I've got to work on it is if I get up early before my family, which is hard to do because my youngest son keeps crazy hours, and any sleep I can get is precious. I've been working on it in my office before business hours, because there's space, the kids won't get into it, and I don't have to worry about waking anyone up. Anyway, I finally got one side taped up with the beaks attached on both ends and pulled out another survival blanket to use as the other side and discovered that it's significantly shorter than the first side. Like a foot shorter. Aaaargh! Well, if you ever build anything with survival blankets, do yourself a favor and pull them all out of the package first and measure and be sure of what you've got. I had to cut the first side down to match the length of the second one, and I'll have to reattach the beak on that side. This means that the main body will only be about 7.5' long instead of 8' (it was a bit over-sized before I had to cut it down), with a total ridgeline length of about 122". I don't think my gear is going to be ready for spring break like I wanted. Well, I'll just keep picking away at it, and come high water or that other thing, it'll get done sooner or later.

EDIT: 122" inches is wrong; that's if I still had 16" inch beaks on it, but I've switched to 24" beaks, so the total ridgeline length will be more like 138".

Edited by 4evrplan (02/28/13 12:20 PM)