One side comment if you're not already aware --- to get a wider range of feedback from folks that know the PCT well, consider interacting on the PCT-L, http://mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l
The interface is sort of last-millenium, and on occasion I find the signal-to-noise ratio lower than I would like, but you can set it to receive no email, post the occasional question and then peruse the archives for responses.

Quote:
"What do you think of having camera batteries shipped in resupplies fully charged rather than carrying a battery charger? Cost is not a concern as extra (generic) batteries can be found cheap. Maybe not worth the weight savings..."

My personal solution was to use my smartphone as my camera, and in that context to carry the charger and an extra battery or two for that. Well, on the PCT I did use a solar charger; don't think I would do so again (didn't bother on the CDT).
For your plan I guess it depends on how fast your charged batteries lose charge, but it sounds like a fine plan overall EXCEPT that then you're carrying around uncharged batteries until you can mail them home. Kind of a PITA to have to go to a post office to just mail home dead batteries.

Quote:
I am still considering changing my shelter. The Notch is almost perfect, but maybe just a little too tight for me. I am trying to find alternatives that are easy to pitch, but lighter weight, possibly a cuben material rather than silny."

By "too tight" to you mean lateral space, or length? If the latter, the Lightheart "Solong" model might be a good choice.
I wouldn't worry too much about how easy something is to pitch. You'll get pretty good, and fast at it in doing so daily. Well, except that you might find yourself cowboy camping a lot until bugs are a factor.

I really can't help you on the cuben thing. My personal feeling is that for most people, cuben is too expensive to consider, but for a thru-hike it sort of amortises out a lot better. I.e., if you think of it in terms of dollars spent per night of use, it's not very cost effective for a person who does maybe 2 weeks of backpacking per year. For you, however, whether you pitch the tent every night or not, you'll be carrying it constantly.

Actually, even that is questionable. I hiked the first 700 miles (to Kennedy Meadows) with just a poncho as both rain gear and shelter, and I'd do it that way again --- it really is very common to spend most nights just under the stars until the Sierras (and sometimes there too). I swapped for a light rain jacket and a tarptent at the start of the Sierras, and the tent was more about bug protection until I got into WA state.

So there's no clear right-or-wrong answer here. Best of luck with whatever you decide to go with!