Quote:
"I interpreted the post as doing only a section of the trail, and limiting the entire trip to 30 days."

Me too, sorry if I wasn't clear. My comment about cost to do an entire thru-hike was just to put the section hike cost into context.

Tough to analyze that too as O.P. talked about "taking a couple hundred dollars? And maybe a month hike", and then went on to say "two - three hundred mile section of the At not going over $300.00 or 45 days".

A month to 45 days, is a long time to take to hike two to three hundred miles. From low to high ends of both of those ranges that suggests anywhere from 4.4 to 10 miles per day. My own experience on most of the AT was of doing 20+ miles per day. So hard for me to really calibrate things there, but in general lower mileage somewhat reduces options. But it also reduces number of town stops --- which are where money gets spent.

Indeed the devil is in the details on what the $300 includes, but since O.P. also said that s/he doesn't plan on any resupply mail drops, it seems likely that food has to be (the lion's share) of that $300.