What's agility got to do with anything?

Pack-and-go is the beginner default. at some point you figure out all that stuff weighs a lot more and has a bigger impact on the trip and your body than you thought. Some of us figure it out at 25 and some of us later on, but it doesn't matter how old you are.

As I said, folks who don't use backpacking stoves a lot (scouts go what, once a year? twice?) are going to be the target audience. People also think that I'm a lunatic for using a backpacking quilt instead of a sleeping bag because their preconceptions tell them it won't work as well, despite the fact that I've used it for five years and would definitely do something else if I were ever cold or uncomfortable in any way. Ideas and preconceptions are what sells useless items like bear bells.

If you want to create a marketable item, you have one - there's no real need but clearly they are selling for MSR, Brunton, etc. If you want to create an item that's needed - that's another thing altogether. We need things like water treatment (if we don't want to be sick, ever) and food, shelter, navigation tools, first aid kit, pack, insulation, clothing,... everything else in the pack, even the stove if you want to be honest, are optional and a matter of preference.

http://hikeandbackpack.com