The tent or the tarp are plenty cheap enough (under $25 for everything you need), and very easy to make, and the timing is perfect right now to test them out.

You have to add the clear front panel to get the full effect of the "Super Shelter" design but I have no doubt you'll be impressed with just a tarp rigged as a Baker's Oven type shelter.

I think if we have one or two more people here start playing with the concept and provide some feedback it might inspire a few more to try it and after that it will probably catch on.

Personally, I was skeptical when I watched the "Dual Survivor" and "Frozen Butt Hang" videos on YouTube, but I had played with the reflective material enough to want to try it so I made some very quick and dirty mock-ups to test it and was impressed enough to move on to the tent I made.

Actually, the design for my tent was suggested to me by another member here, "ULHiker", while we were on a backpacking trip in AR, so he deserves the credit for that. Shortly after I got back I started on making it.

That tent exceeded my expectations by a lot and I've talked it up quite a bit here since, but so far no one else has made one like it. I think if you're in a spot where you can use one, and have the experience and skills to do it safely, than having one of these is a game changer for cold weather backpacking and once you've tried one you won't be without it.

But you have to make it yourself. No one else has one to try out and I seriously doubt that anyone will start a company to sell them. No matter how you market it, someone will sue you because they burnt themselves, and they will probably win. But since they are cheap and easy to make that's not an issue.

It's also an opportunity to play on the leading edge of a new design concept. No matter what you make it will be new and innovative, and one of a kind. That presents other opportunities, like on a cold, or even just a chilly night, you can set up your campfire tent and light your fire and invite your buddies to get inside for a minute and check it out. They'll all be amazed and dazzled and instantly your status will either be confirmed or elevated to that of a super-duper techno nerd and they'll all just have to ask, "How'd you get so smart-assed?"

Shoot, considering the ornery rag-tag bunch of know-it-alls I generally hang with while camping that there's genuinely "Priceless" laugh

"You want to go where?"