Pretty much. I know that sounds simple, but really, that's it. I used to wear HiTec boots for work. They were cheap, didn't last long (about 6 months or so if I was working a lot), but were really comfortable. They took a lot of abuse-heat, sand, water, mud, so I wasn't disappointed at their short lifespan. They never came apart as I recall, just got worn down and ugly, but I doubt a much more expensive pair would have lasted longer. They were low cut mesh, not a full leather boot, which would last longer, but which would have been heavier and hotter-I have an old pair of Asolo full leathers and a full leather boot will take a lot more abuse than a "modern" trail runner style boot.

For $30, you can't go too wrong. If they are comfortable and don't come apart, that's about all you can ask. If they start to bother you because the insole is worn (the inner cushion), get a pair of Dr.Scholl's or Superfeet insoles and replace them. They make those in different styles depending on your foot shape. I have flat feet, so I get one with a flatter arch, because a high arch insole does bother me.

FYI, I've had $500 ski boots that didn't fit right, so it isn't about price.

Edited by TomD (10/06/12 02:38 PM)