I haven't been on here in a looong time, but I always got good info, ideas and opinions from the other forums I frequented on here, so I'm back from some help, lol. More or less, I'm looking at getting a new camera. At the moment, I do everything with my Nikon Coolpix camera I bought back in 2007, which has worked fine in getting great and clear pictures, but there are times when it just doesn't cut it for some of the scenery and conditions I come across out in the middle of nowhere.

I've done some research and pretty much have decided that either Nikon or Canon is the way to go, leaning more towards Nikon as my current camera is a Nikon and I really like it. I've even kind of narrowed it down for the Nikons to the D3200 package with the 18-55mm lense. It doesn't seem outrageously expensive but will allow me the play in a camera that I need, However, any other recommendations for stuff to look at would be great.

I think for your everyday normal pictures the camera will do fine, but I'm more concerned about overcast days and the dawn/dusk time frames where light is changing. Any recommendations for extra lenses or gear that might work better in these conditions than the lense most cameras come with?

Also, any other helpful hints to get great pictures? I'm confident that I'll figure most of what I need out, but any help fast tracking to that point would be awesome, lol. Thanks!