Well, there are certainly options for either approach;
Sound advice for sure....
I would like to be able to share my interest and enthusiasm with those like minded folks who understand, relate and or connect to the same wonder and awe as the hikes have given me and so I stand on a precipice of trying to get out there and meet them on such a trek as the PCT and see if i happen to find that aspect. And then as you say, see if that provides a path to the CDT with more of an "in" group connection or relatedness...

The other approach builds on my previous attempts as an individual with enough inclination, interest, ability and wits to have a great trek but perhaps with the cautionary time split to prevent situational drama in challenging terrain/conditions.
I will certainly be read up on either/ both with maps and a keen awareness of where I would be....I have the time to get to that level of preparedness and understand its necessity.
Thanks for the additional online community connections and sources, I enjoy this phase of getting ideas and perspectives and getting a glimpse of what people are up to in their adventures.