This is a great read; I have been contemplating this topic to some degree as someone preparing for a thru hike and consideration to what experience has taught versus the limitations I may have in attempting something like the CDT or PCT.
It is with strong respect for the need to be both prepared and comfortable with being out there potentially solo that I am slowly trying to be in a confident way, able to approach the CDT if I have the opportunity. I read this with some trepidation but am convinced that as the time comes i will be as ready as I was in other hikes, ex. AT, and really thrived on the experience whether someone was hiking with me or in camp, etc.

Did you ever attempt the CDT? When the opportunity arises I would like to find someone else attempting it to have some extra insight and skill and someone to kind of know what it was like while doing it. Even hiking alone but connecting at camp or having someone to push you a bit, can be a great help and seems like quite an experience to share....
Well, for me it is a ways off yet, but this helps gauge what level I should be attaining to be in terms of mental/physical prep.