Quote:
"Anyway, I was objectively interested in the CDT as it seemed to have less of the off trail distraction per say... Based on the context of how it has been described."

Depends on what you think of as a distraction. I got off trail on the CDT about as much, as often as I did on the PCT. You have to resupply periodically or you're carrying quite a heavy load of food. The longest stretch between resupply I've had on any trail was 8 days. And it's typical (and pretty much universally desired) to shower, wash clothes, eat a restaurant meal or two, perhaps even sleep in a bed and relax a bit when in town to resupply.

It certainly can be cool to be "out there" for extended periods, and you can choose to do that more or less as you're inclined to. I think that few, however, would maintain that mindset for months at a time, perhaps with the exception of a special area or two along the way.

If by distraction you're thinking of other hikers then --- indeed, the CDT is much, much less of a social experience than the AT or the PCT is. Any trail can be minimally social if you choose to make it so, but the CDT is pretty inherently that was unless you bring your own social group with you from the start.