Thanks for the response.... I really appreciate the insights.
One thing I had noticed between your posts about PCT and some other things I had read was comparing the 'trail types' to the hiking experience....
Now, when I first went out on the AT I did not bother as much with the big groups or hostel jumpers.... I wanted to backcountry hike and camp as much as I could

And it is true, I did learn quite a bit from the experience which is my motivation to do a thru hike as it is something I *grasp* for lack of a better word.

Anyway, I was objectively interested in the CDT as it seemed to have less of the off trail distraction per say... Based on the context of how it has been described. That made it seem like a better option to me. I would love to do both, but I don't know time and resource wise if I could if I wanted to.....

It does seem like PCT would be a good training ground, and I am in near enough proximity to consider it, but I was really getting excited by the brief tidbits I have picked up from the CDT.... That sounds like my kinda trek.

Anyway, this one I am looking forward to, my first thru hike, is still well far off. I am excited but know the planning and preparedness factor is putting it well out of any time window *soon*

Glad to have this site as a resource and community and appreciative for the perspective and lessons from those who have been at this longer.
Good luck with the book; I have one under my belt... It is it's own process and adventure.
As far as starting a thread, when I get closer to gathering supplies and equipment I may have something to build on....
Alright, more to come as I continue to become more involved. This is great and thanks for posts and perspective!