I have an older version BA pad, and sleep on it very well - it's sort of my goto system in deep winter, but in that case I actually put a blue foam on top, (or on top and underneath).

I do find with inflatables, I need to have it *not* inflated all the way - I back it off a bit so my butt and shoulders are not hitting the ground, but also there's some "sag" to it. If I feel I'm bottoming out - put a bit more air in.

Honesly, I find this works well enough for me even with a thermarest prolite plus (the 1.5 inch thick version) So this is what I typically carry. I do "not bad" on a short length prolite plus, with my backpack under my feet. That weighs about a pound. (430 grams or so?) I've tried the non-plus (only an inch thick) and it's not cushy enough - I can do it, but lose too much sleep, even though it's lighter (310 grams).

I've not yet bit on the neo-air bandwagon. I may try one soon for more cushyness, but my problem is they only sell the full length here at mec - which weighs as much as my prolite plus shorty.. If I get a shorty I may try it.

Browse my pictures