"Do you really want to get your boots soaked again? Finally, walking in your boots until they dry is not a viable option for winter trekking."

I definitely do not mean the following as yet another first shot in the neverending battle between shoe and boot aficionados, but it's pretty relevant here ---

Quick-drying (non-goretex) shoes solve these problems handily. Starting the CDT going SOBO (southbound) last year in June my hiking partner and I had many, many (many) very high creek (think river) crossings to deal with, often with snow all about.
I can't imagine doing such crossings without solid footwear, nor would I like to carry along some sort of not-as-good but perhaps adequate footwear solely for water crossings. Not just out of a concern for weight, but stopping to change back and forth from boots to whatever so often would be a real PITA. You absolutely can walk your shoes "drier" in snow (especially consolidated spring snow if not a warm afternoon), and a good pair of wool socks do the rest.

Something to keep in mind anyway, and a new idea for me; I'd never considered before that lightweight shoes can perhaps lead to a safer decision at creek/river crossings. Given that water crossings are one of the things that people tend to fear too little (with bears feared a bit too much), that's no small thing. Creek/river crossings really do kill people, and are easy to underestimate.