So two weekends ago I took my 3 kids, along with a friend and his two kids, on a overnight BP trip. We hiked in about 1.5 miles to some primitive sites and spent the night.

My pack was around 22-lbs but my friends was pushing 45! He's a admitted obsessive type and had every concievable item, whereas I pack light and probably forgot a few things, although nothing critical, just things like a waterproof jacket inc ase of rain. By the way the weather called for chances of rain but we lucked out, but my friend asked me what I would have done had it rained- I did have a emergency poncho!

Anyways, not to ramble on, but I suspect that I need to review a typical packing list to see what things a person would normally take on lets say a 3 day trip with only access to untreated water, in the springtime.

BTW I did search this site for "packing list" and for some reason did not find anything useful. I must have been searching wrong?

Last thing- I know from the last few trips I have taken I want to pack light with a minimilast approach, if that makes a difference on any reccomended packing lists. My only big concession to being as "light" as I could I guess is that I will use a tent, I just don't think I will be comfortable with a tarp mostly due to bugs. I do have a very nice light tent though!

Thanks for any help!