I spent most the day in the garden pulling weeds and laying down mulch. The cukes are starting to get a good hold. I'll plant some more seeds for those this week, and the tomatoes are doing good, so is the dill weed.

I had some help today too, so we got quite a bit done. I feel like I'm not quite so far behind now blush

My potatoes are doing real good. I didn't plant any down in the forest this year, but put them in one of my garden rows instead. I put a lot in there, so it's crowded, but I think they'll do good there because the soil in that row is pretty good, better than most the others. I added about 4" of mulch on top of them today and I'll do it again in another few weeks. I've heard that the plants will send out more shoots each time you add mulch like that and increase the yield a lot, so we'll see how that works for me.

Not sure what else I'll plant. I haven't done any good with melons, so I'm not doing those this year. I think we have a few cabbage plants just showing from seed I planted awhile back, but I don't think they'll do very good. I planted them with my potatoes, but they look pretty week to me.

I'll try and get a few pics up soon, still not really much to look at yet though.

I don't know why, but that garden is full of little ticks this year. I haven't seen any mice in there, maybe they came in with the mulch I gathered up, but there's a bunch in there frown

"You want to go where?"