Originally Posted By topshot
What brand denatured are you using and is it fresh? You might try some Yellow HEET just to be sure.
Denatured alcohol in the US is generally a blend of ethanol and methanol. HEET is methanol. Ethanol has a higher heat content than methanol. In other words, denatured will burn slightly hotter than HEET. If you're not getting enough heat out of denatured, you're generally not going to see any improvement by switching to HEET.

The titanium also doesn't help in this case since it doesn't transfer heat as well as AL.
That's actually a fallacy. Yes, Al conducts heat better, but Ti is far stronger. Ti pots can be made that are much thinner (and therefore lighter). A thin walled Ti pot will heat water with about as much efficiency as a thicker walled Al pot.

If you still can't get it to work, I'd remove your drink water from it and boil just your food water first and then boil your drink water while letting your food hydrate. 2 smaller boils are usually more efficient on fuel (if you don't have to prime any) than one bigger one, regardless of stove type. I've had a Windpro that couldn't boil 3 quarts when I was testing some worst case stuff.
Uh, no. One large boil will be more efficient in terms of total number of grams of fuel. It may be more practical to break it up into two boils, but it will not be mroe efficient.

HJ