I'm starting to wonder if there's some sort of limitation inherent in the manufacture of air mattresses. I was talking to the clerk at my local shop recently, and he indicated that they had replaced "a lot" of Big Agnes Air Core and Insulated Air Core pads that developed leaks along the seams - when they put them in water, there were little bubbles all along the seam line, but no real holes. I've also spoken to two people now who have had similar problems with their NeoAir pads developing several small leaks (I didn't know about the seam issue yet, so I didn't ask if they were along seams.) Both slept with their pads in a tent, over a groundcloth, and didn't use them as part of a chair kit.

I've had no issues with my own original NeoAir or NeoAir All-Season pad. I've used the original probably 72 nights, and the All-Season 4 nights.

Anyone else having problems with an air mattress? If so, do you think it's user error, or might there be some sort of inherent issue in manufacturing air mattresses that don't have a foam core?

Edited by Glenn (03/02/12 12:44 PM)
Edit Reason: Hit "1" instead of "7" on 10-key pad