Long story short- after missing for 30 years, my ex-husband found a box of slides in a storage shed. It is like I struck a burried treasure! I could not be happier and I am now scanning literally hundreds of slides of my old climbing trips. It seems like some slides are nearly perfect and others have faded. And the fade is not uniform in colors so I cannot simply increase saturation to get colors back. What gives? Is it the film that was used? Or the processing. Some slides have the Kodak symbol on them, most are generic. I am scanning on 2400 dpi, high quality. It takes 5-6 minute to scan each slide. I have turned off all the "automatic" features, but have had to increase the "light" for some. On the darker slides, my scanner seems to think that a dark area near the edge of a slide is the end of the slide and cuts this part off. If you have done slide scanning, do you have any suggestions to get the best quailty possible? I use photoshop to clean up the files. I really love the photoshop feature that lets you get rid of a color tint by pointing on something in the photo that is supposed to be white. The simple "smart-fix" also works amazingly well.