Originally Posted By Ewker
Lat night I finally got around to try out the cone and stove with my pot. I noticed that the pot is a little hard placing it in the cone. I had to put the pot in the cone then sit it all over the stove. Does this get easier the more you use it?

The pot we use is a 1650ml which is for 2 of us. I put 3 cups of cold water (from the fridge) in the pot. I read the direction which calls for 15 to 20ml of fuel for 2 cups of water. I put 30ml of fuel in the stove and fired it up. I place the cone/pot over the stove and waited. The water never got to a boil. It got hot but not boiling. I wanted to try it again with 40ml of fuel but we had the grandkids dropped off so I had to stop. Hopefully I can get out there tonight to see if the 40ml of fuel will work.
It's a little bit fiddly to get the pot into the cone, but you get used to it. In some ways it's nice since I can pick up my pot and cone as a unit by just grabbing the handles on the pot. I can move it over as a unit and use my Sierra cup to snuff the flames out.

I usually figure about 25ml of HEET for 500ml of water. Usually less works, particularly if I'm using a higher ethanol content fuel, but 25ml always gets two cups to boil. 35ml will probably work for you, and 40ml should definitely do it.

HJ