WD:

Let's put it this way: If you can operate a bp'ing stove in the Wind River Mtns., alone, off-trail, for days, well, you can do this. Or another way: If I can do it, you surely can.

Here's the cool part: I've refilled my cartridges in the printer about 4 times each, and have yet to have an accident or spill a drop. And that, for me, is miraculous. I do take precautions, though:

The main thing is to put the right ink in the right cartridge. I've labeled both the bottle cap and the plunger end of the syringe with the color, here it is light cyan or "LC."

My cartridges take about 12ml. or 2.25 syringes each. The syringes are reusable, BTW. When I get to 10ml., I start watching for the ink to approach the top and I stop. I put what's left back in the bottle and thoroughly wash out the syringe in the sink with tap water, filling the syringe and pumping it out several times til clear. (Marking them -- with the color like "LC" -- will prevent a problem if any color is left.)

To fill is simple, since you don't have to take the cartridge out of the printer:

With the cartridge cover up, I remove the little rubber stopper with a tweezers (note here the arrow pointing at the light cyan cartridge's stopper.) Then insert the syringe needle in the hole, and carefully, slowly fill. I'm good enuf at it now that it takes the same time as to replace a $22 cartridge, only a refill is about a $1.33 -- and will be even lower on your second set of ink bottles since you already have the cartridges.

I've thought about using disposable gloves to do this, but I haven't got a drop on my hands -- or clothes -- yet.

Since you've got a Canon Pixma, WD, and I have an Epson Stylus, the procedure might be slightly different. They send a sheet of good instructions, too.

(avatar: raptor, Lake Dillon)