Thanks for all the help folks, not sure if this is getting any easier though!

Franco; I looked at those designs, I like the height of the center pole designs and the space but I am not sure how it would work with three people. I think the pole needs to be offset some. Also, although the pentagram of hex seem to have bigger floor areas I think I want to stick to a rectangle for ease of location selection and a simpler design.

finallyME; nice tent, I bet it dose great in bad weather! How is the condensation with three people? One of the things I really want in this tent is the ability to set up in it, at 6' 6" I need at least 48" just to clear my head, it would be nice to have more then that.

PDA; Interesting option, but I would rather have it all as one tent. I mainly camp in the PNW and bugs are always an issue.

James; You did a great job on your tent! Did you ever get it so it was not so slippery?

So I downloaded Sketch-up and am trying to learn that, but I think I am down to two basic designs. Something like the Shangri-La 5 Tent

OR something like the Rainshadow 2

Neither of these tents will be that easy to make but I think I can do it if I take my time. Maybe, well see. smile

Anything else, or other ideas on basic shapes and designs? I still have lots of time to get this all figured out!

Wolfman

Edited by Wolfman (10/19/11 10:33 AM)