Hmmm...Before I could recommend changes to your kit, I'd need to know a lot more about your preferred hiking style (do you like to cook pancakes for breakfast, and 3-course suppers, or are you an oatmeal and freezer-bag kind of guy? Do you like a comfortable camp from which to dayhike or fish, or is camp just a place to spend the night?) and where you hike (are there water sources every few miles? Are the uphills and downhills tearing up your knees?)

As you read the following, remember that my comments are filtered through the lenses of my own biases (a minimalist style, in gear and camping style), and that they assume that you want to become a clone of me. My comments also assume cost is not a consideration (you have a large credit limit and aren't afraid to use it.) You may need to calibrate what I say accordingly.

Pack - I'm not familiar with your model, but there have to be lighter ones out there - something from the Osprey Aether series would probably handle your current load, and something from the Kestrel series might handle your smaller, lighter load if you adopted all my other suggestions. You'd save 2 to 4 pounds, probably.

Sleeping pad: Thermarest Prolite or Prolite Plus 48" pads are lighter and just as comfortable as a BA pad; the NeoAir is lighter yet. You can put your new pack, with its foam backpad, under your lower legs for padding. The Prolite Plus is actually warmer than the BA Insulated Air Core pad in winter.

Tools: the Leatherman seems excessive; could you leave it behind and try your Swiss Army knife on a trip to see how it works? (Just remember that, if the scissors and tweezers for your first aid kit were on the Leatherman, you'll need to add a pair of folding scissors and tweezers unless the SAK has them.) Personally, I prefer a small knife (Gerber LST Mini), Coghlan folding scissors, and small tweezers to a SAK; I've always found that gear designed to do several things doesn't do any of them well. I'd also include the E-Lite in the summer kit. A back-up light comes in handy for rummaging around in the pack looking for the headllamp, and for changing batteries in the headlamp in the dark. (They never seem to die during the day, do they?) Finally, what good is a compass without a map? (I'm assuming you just didn't check this box accidentally, and never being one to kick a guy when he was down...)

Your kitchen is tough to comment on without knowing how you like to eat; I'm an oatmeal-and-freeze-dried guy, myself, so I take a single vessel that serves as pot and mug, and eat my food from the bag with a long-handled spoon. Assuming you do the same, I'd suggest a mug like the Titan Kettle, or maybe the Snow Peak Trek 900 or 1100 (which have fry-pan lids that make pretty decent bowls) to replace your 2 pots, cup and bowl. (You could try taking only one pot and your cup, and modifying your style a little bit, if you're not inclined toward my barbarian end of the scale.) If you go the just-add-boiling-water route, you will be able to get by with a 3 or 4 ounce canister stove; one 110g fuel canister, full, weighs no more than your 33-ounce fuel bottle empty. (And I notice you didn't put any weight for stove fuel in your list.) Even if you decide you want/need a white gas stove, the MSR Simmerlite is nearly half a pound lighter than your Dragonfly (which MSR classifies as a base-camp stove.)

Finally, you indicate you carry 2 liters of water; if you find yourself consistently arriving at water sources with more than a liter left, consider eliminating that extra liter and saving 2 pounds. Even if you do need to carry 2 liters, you probably don't need to carry both a 2L and 4L bladder - just take the 4L bladder. If you cut back to carrying only 1 liter, that gives you 3 liters of excess capacity to carry water to an overnight dry camp (2 liters of capacity, if you still normally carry 2 liters.) I've always found 3 liters is enough to get me from the last source in late afternoon to my dry camp, prepare supper and breakfast, and get me to the first water source at mid-morning tomorrow. Of course, that assumes my minimal meal prep style, which involves no water for cleanup (there is none, since I eat from the bag) or for putting a campfire dead out. (I don't light fires; too much like work.)

Overall, not a bad list - there is no right answer; it all depends on what you want for a trip. Hope this helps, but remember it's only what I would do if I were starting with your list. My thoughts, considering my own biases, may be of absolutely no relevance to your needs.

Also remember: if you become a recovering gearaholic, you probably shouldn't choose the owner of the local gear shop to be your sponsor. (Don't ask how I know.) smile