thanks im gona make it over to rei soon, its just all the shops are in portland and i dont drive so it will take me a min to get over there so i like looking online so i can finish everything in one trip lol but thats impossible wink

and the pro packs only have 1 serving, i realize i will need more food. having a rain proof multi layer jacket isnt enough?

and @ gershon, i could prob do a scosh less than 3000cal.
in a normal day i prob do less than 1500 and im pretty active. i would be so full all the time lol..

"You are also missing little things like a tiny towel, toothpaste and a toothbrush, fuel for the stove, toilet paper if you plan to bring any, lighter fluid for the Zippo, tent stakes, bear bag, hammerfor, fleece/jacket, long john tops, trash bag."
weight missing. im gona add those after. jacket has fleece zip out. lighterfluid is a givin. im bringing wipes, stakes come with the tent? underarmor heatgear top is longjohn fuel comes with the stove? i can do 3 days on one can?

and @ everyone about "survivaling"
i just want to go out away from people and trails, that was my meaning. i find the idea of hiking a "pathway" to be quite lame. poor choice of words on my part.

Edited by Nick K. (10/08/11 01:21 PM)