okayyyyy laugh

im going to just randomly read thru and respond to all of you.

obviously i would be buying the items locally. but i cant share an rei shoping cart with you guys.

knife is big but i will be camping making small fires, digging holes. etcetc. the knife on the multi tool doesnt really count as a knife as i will prob never use the knife on it. i am getting it as a multi tool. also with that knife i wont have to worry about breaking or hurting it in anyway with anything that i could do with it.

water filter im getting that one so down the road i wont have to buy another. i hate hate hate hate hate replacing and upgrading things. waste of time and money. i would rather buy overkill first and never have to deal with upgrading down the road.

again. zippo is becuase i smoke. i like zippos use em all the time in real everyday life so i will be carrying one here.

the compass is a little expencive. that was a recent addition until i can find a cheaper good backup incase gps takes a dumper.

and out of the list the tent and the bag are somthing that i would want to buy not rent as those are the things i will keep the longest.

the whole roll of duct tape will not go. there is a waterbottle on the list that takes 2m of it. and that will work perfect.

and again for all the people asking when, washington doesnt really change weather that much 40-60degress with constant rain 90% of the year. its the northwest nothing really changes much. i prob wont be going during that 10% where it gets really really really cold/hot.

and @ finally me. those Datrex bars are for emergency. I dont plan on eating em willingly. like i said little snacky things and breakfast bars will be added later on the day of.

READ THE NOTES ATTACHED TO EACH ITEM IF IT CONFUSES YOU.

and also. at person who said. how big and strong you are doesnt matter. umm how could it not? a big strong guy could carry more with greater ease? i obviously understand to keep things lite so you dont get all tired and the trip becomes lame. im kinda doing it for the physical/"survival" aspect of it all. so i was kinda expecting a heavy pack.
also on a side note i added up rough weights and without a full 2l of water in hydration pack and it came out to like 32lb. i carry more than that on my daily 4mile bikerides to and from work in my street pack lol.

and if I come off a little abrasive or non listining. i am listining laugh and you guys are helping. ALSO ON A SIDE NOTE. Gadgets make me happy and bring great joy to my life, so some of the items are overpriced but make me happy in some way so if there is no other negitives other than money still comes out to a positive to me.

Edited by Nick K. (10/07/11 03:02 PM)