I will be going in the beginning of October this year. It will be a crazy fly-in, hike, fly-out kind of dealy. Oh and getting a fuel canister first. smile

I've day hiked the Tucson Mountains, Bear-Sabino Canyon loop, and up to Bridal Veil Falls in the past. So I thought of exploring a different area.

I was either thinking of

Day 1: Hike up Tanque Verde Ridge Trail from the Javelina Trail Head and camp at Juniper Basin. 6.9 miles
Day 2: Next day continue hiking up Cow Head Saddle and Fire Loop trails to Mica Mountain. Then return to and camp at Manning Camp. 12 miles
Day 3: Hike back via Manning Camp, Douglas Spring, and Tanque Verde Ridge trails. 18 miles

or

Day 1: Hike up Miller Creek trail from the Miller Creek Trail Head and camp at Happy Valley Saddle. 4.9 miles
Day 2: Next day continue hiking Ricon Creek, Douglas Spring and Cow Head Saddle trails to camp at Manning Camp. 17.4 miles
Day 3: Hike up Mica Mountain then head back via Heartbreak Ridge and Miller Creek trails. 13 miles

If could find someone to drop me off at the Miller Creek Trail Head, I would do a hike through to the the Javelina Trail Head. But I doubt that will happen.